Call Today! +234 809-713-3220

Home Forums Sex Selection Is Sex Selection Wrong or Not?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ayfaai
    Participant

Hello, please I need to know if sex selection is wrong or right?

walter simon
    Participant

Before choosing a stance whether sex selection is wrong or not, we have to look at it from all aspect which includes culturally, spiritually, morally, legally, ethically and other aspect or point of view you might want to base your verdict on.

I’m gonna pick culturally, culturally it’s not wrong because my culture doesn’t go against sex selection. In fact families without a male child often go all the way to get a male child.

BabaDee
    Participant

According to Wikipedia:

“Sex selection is legal in most of the world. There is fertility tourism from the United Kingdom, Australia and Canada to the United States for sex selection, because preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD, a potential expansion of IVF), which can be used for sex selection, is prohibited in the UK, Australia and Canada, except when it is used to screen for genetic diseases, while the laws in the US are more relaxed in this subject.

Sex selection is illegal in China, but the Chinese government admits that the practice is widespread, especially in rural areas of China and among lawless groups such as ghettoized migrant workers in cities.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar