Call Today! +234 809-713-3220

Home Forums Adoption What is your view about adoption as a Nigerian?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BabaDee
    Participant

People view adoption as some sort of “Taboo” in our society for some unknown reasons.

Despite the fact that a lot of people still patronize “baby factories”.

So i want to know your opinion about this.

Omolewa
    Participant

Gone are the days when adoption is a secret thing you know. Now Adoption is quite common in Nigeria.
    Globalisation has made it possible for most Nigerians who travels round the globe to be more vast in knowledge about adoption. especially couples who have been longing to get pregnant or those who in-law are always on their neck. Also in terms of emotion seeing new born in not so appropriate places can melt ones heart to adopt a child/children

Olakunle Oyebanjo
    Participant

Adoption should be the last option for solution to infertility after all else – IUI, IVF, surrogacy etc. A legal framework to prevent prevalence of ‘baby factory’ and shorter time frame to getting the process completed are some of the strategies to help improve awareness of the legality of adoption.

willywilly
    Participant

Interesting post. Personally, I do not see anything bad in adoption. In reality, your helping the child. What I will like to no is the criteria for eligibility for adopting a child. Is there anybody in the house who has gone through the process?

sopetie
    Participant

There’s nothing bad in adoption, at least you get to help someone that needs your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar